Welcome to the Carroll v. Macy's Inc. et al. Settlement Website
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ALABAMA
Anna Carroll v. Macy’s Inc. et al., Case No. 2:18-cv-01060-RDP (N.D. Ala.)
If Macy’s sent you a notification in July 2018 concerning suspected unauthorized activity as a result of the Cyber Attack, you may be eligible for a cash payment from a class action settlement.
- Update: On June 2, 2020, the Court held a Final Settlement Approval Hearing at the Hugo L. Black United States Court house in Birmingham, AL. The Court granted Final Approval on June 5, 2020. At this time a distribution date is not set but please continue to check back for additional updates.
- A Settlement has been reached with Macy’s Inc., Macy’s Retail Holdings, Inc., and Macy’s Systems and Technology, Inc. (collectively, “Macy’s”) in a class action lawsuit about a cyber attack from May 1, 2018 through June 11, 2018, involving unauthorized access or unauthorized attempted access to online customer profiles, and Personal Information associated with those profiles, using valid user credentials (the “Cyber Attack”). Macy’s denies all of the claims. The Settlement does not establish who is correct and is not an admission of fault, but rather is a compromise to end the lawsuit.
- This Settlement includes all residents of the United States who Macy’s sent a notification in July 2018 concerning suspected unauthorized activity as a result of the Cyber Attack.
- The Settlement provides payments to people who submit valid Claim Forms by the Claims Deadline, which is April 6, 2020.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
|Submit a Claim||This is the only way to receive a payment for losses suffered relating to the Cyber Attack.|
|Ask to be Excluded||You will not receive a payment, but you will retain any rights you currently have with respect to Macy’s. This is the only option that allows you to bring your own lawsuit against Macy’s related to the Cyber Attack.|
|Object||Write to the Court about why you do not like the Settlement.|
|Go to the Hearing||Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement.|
|Do Nothing||Get no payment. Give up rights to submit a claim or bring a different lawsuit against Macy’s related to the Cyber Attack.|
- Your rights and options - and the deadlines to exercise them - are explained on this website.
- The Court in Charge of this case still has to decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. Payments will only be made after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved.